Account Manager working with dynamic PR and marketing agency, servicing the UK’s start-up scene. Soon to launch NY office.
Package dependent on experience
42 Bruton is a high growth, London-based boutique PR agency, driving PR strategies for a range of the UK’s most exciting SMEs. We deliver a clean-cut approach to securing relentless national and trade coverage, renowned industry recognition, critical investor traction, and unwavering audience engagement.
This role consists of working with a number of our B2B/B2C clients across the lifestyle, personal finance, investment, legal, and tech sectors; experience in any or all of these areas would be preferred but is not essential.
We are seeking a driven, confident, articulate individual with business-to-consumer PR experience who possesses the skills and confidence to hit the ground running in what is a fast-paced and rapidly expanding agency. You will be playing an integral part in our agency’s growth and will thrive off the success and milestones an SME faces during start-up.
The ideal candidate will have:
- The tenacity to strategise and drive national coverage for their client accounts, pitching to titles on a daily basis on behalf of a portfolio of exciting SMEs
- Immaculate attention to detail alongside innovative, articulate, and speedy writing skills
- A passion for keeping on top of the news landscape and adapting client pitches accordingly
- The ability to pick-up the phone and confidently pitch your clients in order to secure weekly trade and national coverage
- Experience in B2C public relations. Candidates with experience in personal finance, investment, construction, legal, and/or accountancy would be ideal but not essential to the role.
The successful candidate will play an integral role in co-developing content and communications plans for a wide range of B2B and B2C clients, building the profiles of the UK’s most innovative high-growth SMEs. This role is aligned with an individual who has a keen interest in both the alternative finance and start-up scene, with excellent copy-writing capabilities and a tenacious approach to generating media exposure. This role is highly relevant for an individual who would thrive in building brand equity for a diverse range of brands, ideally leveraging proven expertise in this arena.
Exemplary attention to detail, a confident approach to interacting with journalists, swift and efficient copywriting plus an entrepreneurial demeanour are must-have pre-requisites for this role. If successful, you would be joining a team of like-minded professionals keen to continue what has been a tremendously exciting story of growth so far.
Key skills to include:
- Daily pitching of new angles for reactive and proactive journalist engagement on behalf of client base
- Selling in press releases and commentary to national and trade journalists on behalf of company spokespeople
- Development and presentation of content strategies and communication schedules for clients
- Possess a keen interest in topical news and commentary relevant to the start-up arena and alternative finance sector
- Exemplary attention to detail for all written copy
- Efficient end-to-end sourcing of resources and copywriting for blogs, one-pagers, whitepapers, and social media content
- Writing key pieces of intellectual property on behalf of clients, such as quantitative research reports and market responses/factsheets
- Analysing quantitative data in a variety of sectors, with the ability to extrapolate the salient angles for content and communications piece.
This role is the perfect opportunity for an individual keen to learn and navigate their career progression in a speedy and efficient manner. The unique opportunity demands the right individual to possess innate abilities of solid copy-writing and verbal communications. The successful candidate will equally be able to develop and perfect their experience in the field of content and PR to an exceptionally high standard upon commencing with the team at 42 Bruton.
If this role is something that is of interest to you and you feel your experience meets the criteria, then please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org